Forge Direct Elite T10 Custom Katana - Limited Edition Extreme Yahazu Hamon Custom KatanaBe the first one to write a review
ARCHIVED - NO LONGER AVAILABLE TO ORDER
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING!
Master Smith Forged Custom Katana with a rare, almost never seen before "Yahazu" hamon at special introductory pricing (save $150 off the usual price). Huge Number of Customization Options. Made to Order, Ships in 4-6 weeks. Special Pricing ends midnight June 8th.
Select Your Custom Design from the images above
(CLICK ON the THUMBNAILS FOR MAXIMUM SIZE, FULL DETAIL RESOLUTION PICS)
This is a special limited edition version of the standard elite T10 Custom Katana by Forge Direct with a rare and extremely wild hamon pattern known as a Yahazu hamon (pictured below).
In all other respects it is the same type of blade,made by the same master smiths, who make our Forge Direct Elite Custom Katana - but is being offered at a heavy ($150) discount to get the word out about this new and exclusive hamon style and determine if it should be a separate product or added to the current hamon options.
ABOUT THE FORGE DIRECT CUSTOM KATANA SERIES
A Forge Direct Exclusive, this is the pinnacle of the various custom katana projects we have been involved with since 2008..
The concept is simple, we take the most attractive, Master Smith Forged T10 High Speed Tool Steel blades with a stunning unenhanced, natural Hamon available (in this case, the new and exotic 'Coral Hamon'). You then select the length, whether or not you want full, partial or no-bo-hi (fuller/blood groove) and design it from the ground up from our widest selection of top quality, highly durable fittings and make it your own unique, personalized design.
4-6 weeks later, it all comes together and is shipped to you anywhere in the world for FREE - it has never been easier!
The blade alone is one of the finest we have ever seen at SBG - but with all these custom options, you can truly make it personal in 8 easy steps:
1) Select the Blade length. From 26" to 29". The length is measured in the traditional way from the back notch of the habaki blade collar (the Munemachi) to the very tip of the kissaki. Shorter blades create a faster sword suited for versatile use, longer blades suit taller practitioners and those who like to get the most steel in their blade possible for heavy, powerful cuts.
2) Select the fuller/blood grove. For the strongest blade possible (power cutter) select the solid bodied blade option. For the fastest, lightest blade possible select full bo-hi. For a mix between the two, select partial bo-hi.
3) Select the Koshirae (furniture) theme that best suits your style. All fittings are of the highest quality, not cheap alloys used by many other custom katana lines but solid iron or copper, some with real gold or silver embossing.
4) Select the color of the silk ito maki wrap. From gold to black to brown, red and everything in between.
5) Select the color of the rayskin under the ito maki wrap. 100% real rayskin is used in all cases, and can be left white or colored black, red, yellow, green or blue. It is up to you.
6) Now select your choice of hard wearing, thick sageo to go on the saya. When in doubt, go with a simple color that closely compliments the ito maki wrap you have selected.
7) Finally, select the saya to give it that last personal touch. From simple monocolored lacquer to highly detailed mother of pearl or ornately painted, be as simple or as elaborate as you like.
And then sit back and leave the rest to us!
Do not be fooled by cheap imitations, these swords are head and shoulders above any other custom sword we have ever brought to the table - from the quality of the stunning blade to the amazing selection of fittings, this is as close as you are ever likely to get to designing your own heirloom quality personalized katana!