Forge Direct Elite T10 Custom Katana V3.7
UNAVAILABLE TO ORDER
June 23, 2020 - Unable to Order due to backlog caused by Covid-19 and on temporary but indefinite hold.
Master Smith Forged Custom Shinogi Zukuri Katana - Large Number of Customization Options. Made to Order, Typically ships in 6-8 weeks. Premium quality.
October 2019 - NEW LOWER PRICE: Was $899!!
January 2021 - Product being upgraded and preparing for re-launch in late March/early April 2021. Listing is changing constantly, please wait as the final design upgrades and changes are completed.
Select Your Custom Design from the images above
(CLICK ON the THUMBNAILS FOR LARGER IMAGES OR VISIT THIS PAGE OF THE STORE BLOG FOR HUGE FULL RESOLUTION PICS)
An SBG exclusive, this is the pinnacle of the various custom katana projects we have been involved with since 2008..
The concept is simple, we take the most attractive, Master Smith Forged T10 High Speed Tool Steel blades with a stunning unenhanced, natural Hamon available in either Choji Midare or Gunome Midare styles (choose which you prefer). You then select whether or not you want full, partial or no-bo-hi (fuller/blood groove) and design it from the ground up from our hand picked selection of only the best, top quality, highly durable fittings to make it your own unique, personalized design.
6-8 weeks later, it all comes together and we send you the tracking info as soon as it leaves the forge via email.
The blade alone is one of the finest we have ever seen at SBG, they balance and cut like few other swords I have seen at any price point - but with all these custom options, you can truly make it this fine sword your own in 7 easy steps:
1) Select the fuller/blood grove. For the strongest blade possible (power cutter) select the solid bodied blade option. For the fastest, lightest blade possible select full bo-hi. For a mix between the two, select partial bo-hi.
2) Select the hamon - either Choji Midare or Gunome Midare (see the pic for the difference).
3) Select the Koshirae (furniture) theme that best suits your style. Either a solid iron set with plain fuchigashira or complete work hardened copper set - it is up to you. All fittings are of the highest quality - a large selection of elite work hardened copper sets are available here for a small additional fee.
4) Select the color of the silk ito maki wrap (now made with hishigami on EVERY sword). "Bad Boy" Black leather ito wrap is also available here for a small additional fee.
5) Select the color of the rayskin under the ito maki wrap. 100% real rayskin is used in all cases, and can be left white or colored black or red. It is up to you. Additionally, you can select to upgrade from quality panel cuts to a full rayskin wrap by selecting the optional upgrade here (again, none of the optional upgrades are necessary to make a fine sword - but if you want to really refine it further, we allow you this opportunity).
6) Now select your choice of hard wearing, thick sageo to go on the saya. When in doubt, go with a simple color that closely compliments the ito maki wrap you have selected.
7) Finally, select the saya to give it that last personal touch. From simple monocolored lacquer to highly detailed mother of pearl. Basic saya are free, but the more advanced designs incur an additional cost to cover our expenses (and may occasionally add to the overall lead time, but as we try to keep them in stock this is rare). All saya come with a genuine buffalo horn koiguchi.
Then sit back and leave the rest to us!
Do not be fooled by cheap imitations, these swords are head and shoulders above any other custom sword we have ever brought to the table - from the quality of the stunning blade to the amazing selection of fittings, this is as close as you are ever likely to get to designing your own heirloom quality personalized katana!
PREMIUM OPTIONAL EXTRAS AND UPGRADES
The basic free/included options are more than enough to make a stunningly beautiful sword - but if you want to add something even more special to your design, in addition to a large and varied selection of saya, there are currently three options that can be added to your design if so desired as follows:
Additionally, check this page of the SBG Sword Store Blog for more information on how these swords are made and high resolution images of all components. If you have any questions or if anything is unclear, feel free to contact us and we are only to happy to help.
How to Use
Materials and Construction
Featured positive reviews:
This is what I ordered and received :
Forge Direct Elite T10 Custom Katana
28” Blade with Fuller / Bo-Hi
Tsuba T 0023 Elite Set
Sageo G 8 Black / Red
Saya S 25 Burgundy Red
It turned out EXACTLY as I had imagined. I am not including photos because the website does an excellent job of describing the options - besides it is up to you to create something that is unique for only you. It might be helpful to potential buyers to learn how I decided to do this. I have designed, created, collected & sharpened various knives for years - but never swords or specifically katanas. My wife bought for me for Christmas a katana from a U.S. mainland based company. I will not mention the name. It is of the so-called Emperor Series - 29" blade length, 41 3/4 oz weight, hardened 1060 Carbon Steel and was supposed to be fully sharpened. I was disappointed to discover that the edge was not uniform in its finish and sharpness. While trying to teach myself how to sharpen a katana (which is not easy) I discovered the SBG website. The Forge Direct Elite Katana is a differentially tempered T 10 tool steel. Its edge was beautifully finished, uniform and VERY sharp. It weighs 34 1/2 oz. I am extremely satisfied. Yes it took about 2 months between ordering & delivery but when I saw the result the time did not matter. The Forge Direct katana comes across as a full-sized sports car in comparison to a standard sedan. I must mention that Director Paul Southren was accessible at all times and most helpful. He eased my insecurities and inspired trust & confidence. I am happy to recommend Sword Buyers Guide, Forge Direct & Paul Southren. I will certainly be a repeat customer. Thank you to all of the craftsmen for a true work of art.