Forge Direct Elite T10 Custom Katana V2.0Forge Direct Elite T10 Custom Katana V2.03
FREE SHIPPING (USA & CANADA)!
Master Smith Forged Custom Katana - Huge Number of Customization Options. Made to Order, Ships in 4-6 weeks.
Select Your Custom Design from the images above
(CLICK ON the THUMBNAILS FOR MAXIMUM SIZE, FULL DETAIL RESOLUTION PICS)
A Forge Direct Exclusive, this is the pinnacle of the various custom katana projects we have been involved with since 2008..
The concept is simple, we take the most attractive, Master Smith Forged T10 High Speed Tool Steel blades with a stunning unenhanced, natural Hamon available in either Choji Midare or Gunome Midare styles. You then select the length, whether or not you want full, partial or no-bo-hi (fuller/blood groove) and design it from the ground up from our widest selection of top quality, highly durable fittings and make it your own unique, personalized design.
4-6 weeks later, it all comes together and is shipped to you anywhere in the world for FREE - it has never been easier!
The blade alone is one of the finest we have ever seen at SBG - but with all these custom options, you can truly make it personal in 8 easy steps:
1) Select the Blade length. From 26" to 29". The length is measured in the traditional way from the back notch of the habaki blade collar (the Munemachi) to the very tip of the kissaki. Shorter blades create a faster sword suited for versatile use, longer blades suit taller practitioners and those who like to get the most steel in their blade possible for heavy, powerful cuts.
2) Select the fuller/blood grove. For the strongest blade possible (power cutter) select the solid bodied blade option. For the fastest, lightest blade possible select full bo-hi. For a mix between the two, select partial bo-hi.
3) Select the hamon - either Choji Midare or Gunome Midare (see the pic for the difference).
4) Select the Koshirae (furniture) theme that best suits your style. Either a solid iron set with plain fuchigashira or complete work hardened copper set - it is up to you. All fittings are of the highest quality. Elite Sets T0031-0037 (the Dragon sets) only depict the tsuba but also come with Dragon theme fittings (naturally).
5) Select the color of the silk ito maki wrap. From gold to black to brown, red and everything in between.
6) Select the color of the rayskin under the ito maki wrap. 100% real rayskin is used in all cases, and can be left white or colored black, red, yellow, green or blue. It is up to you.
7) Now select your choice of hard wearing, thick sageo to go on the saya. When in doubt, go with a simple color that closely compliments the ito maki wrap you have selected.
8) Finally, select the saya to give it that last personal touch. From simple monocolored lacquer to highly detailed mother of pearl or ornately painted, be as simple or as elaborate as you like.
And then sit back and leave the rest to us!
Do not be fooled by cheap imitations, these swords are head and shoulders above any other custom sword we have ever brought to the table - from the quality of the stunning blade to the amazing selection of fittings, this is as close as you are ever likely to get to designing your own heirloom quality personalized katana!
How to Use
Materials and Construction
Featured positive reviews:
This is what I ordered and received :
Forge Direct Elite T10 Custom Katana
28” Blade with Fuller / Bo-Hi
Tsuba T 0023 Elite Set
Sageo G 8 Black / Red
Saya S 25 Burgundy Red
It turned out EXACTLY as I had imagined. I am not including photos because the website does an excellent job of describing the options - besides it is up to you to create something that is unique for only you. It might be helpful to potential buyers to learn how I decided to do this. I have designed, created, collected & sharpened various knives for years - but never swords or specifically katanas. My wife bought for me for Christmas a katana from a U.S. mainland based company. I will not mention the name. It is of the so-called Emperor Series - 29" blade length, 41 3/4 oz weight, hardened 1060 Carbon Steel and was supposed to be fully sharpened. I was disappointed to discover that the edge was not uniform in its finish and sharpness. While trying to teach myself how to sharpen a katana (which is not easy) I discovered the SBG website. The Forge Direct Elite Katana is a differentially tempered T 10 tool steel. Its edge was beautifully finished, uniform and VERY sharp. It weighs 34 1/2 oz. I am extremely satisfied. Yes it took about 2 months between ordering & delivery but when I saw the result the time did not matter. The Forge Direct katana comes across as a full-sized sports car in comparison to a standard sedan. I must mention that Director Paul Southren was accessible at all times and most helpful. He eased my insecurities and inspired trust & confidence. I am happy to recommend Sword Buyers Guide, Forge Direct & Paul Southren. I will certainly be a repeat customer. Thank you to all of the craftsmen for a true work of art.