Scorpion Swords Tactical GladiusBe the first one to write a review
Made to Order - FREE Customization Options!
A Sword Buyers Guide EXCLUSIVE!
Fully functional tactical version of the ancient Roman Gladius. Individually Hand Made by Chris Palmer in the USA. Please allow 6-8 weeks for production and delivery.
Based on the sword that conquered the old world, the Scorpion Swords Tactical Gladius is based on the straight bladed Pompeii Gladius brought screaming into the 21st century. Equally at home cutting as it is thrusting, the short blade allows it to be used in a variety of environments and is extremely versatile, durable and has a high intimidation factor (think 'you call that a knife? THIS is a knife!')...
The blade itself is made from 1095 carbon steel, which when combined with Chris's superior heat treatment process results in an EXTREMELY DURABLE and almost indestructible sword. The blade is heated to approximately 1500 degrees, until it becomes non magnetic and then quenched in oil. The 2nd step is Heat Tempering, which consists of heating the steel to 500 degrees for 2 hours, and letting it air cool. This makes for a Rockwell Hardness of approximately 59.
Truly FULL tang, the Black Linen Mircarta handle is affixed in place with hidden and visible pins and gorilla glue resulting in the strongest handle construction possible. Combined with the tough blade and you have a sword with no weak points that maximizes its durability.
Unlike most other swords at this price point, Scorpion Swords are individually hand made by Chris Palmer at his workshop in Missouri. All orders are handmade in our shop as orders are received. They are NOT Factory Made! High order volume makes it difficult to keep any of their weapons in stock, so please allow 6-8 weeks for completion and delivery.
Want to change the appearance of this sword? No problem!
As they are made to order, we can offer you several custom choices - all at no additional cost.
Sharpened - all blades come sharpened by default
Unsharpened - if you want it as a training blunt or for safe(er) display
Select from three blade styles:
- 2 Toned - Black body with silver steel edge for a two toned contrast
- Black Blade - All Black, though the sharpened edges will have a sliver of the original steel showing
- Silver Blade - Original steel finish, plain and simple
HANDLE COLOR & WOOD TYPE
Choose the wood for the handle:
- Maple Wood Hilt - beige colored for a light white/bone colored look
- Bloodwood Hilt - rich deep red
- Black Mircarta Hilt - Black Linen Mircarta for that classic black wood style
- Walnut - Classic brown with the wood grain pattern
Other customizations include:
- Add a lanyard hole - add a hole at the base of the handle to attach a lanyard (lanyard not included)
- Optional upgrade - leather sheathe (the only custom option that is not free)