Scorpion Swords the Early Aelutian GladiusBe the first one to write a review
Made to Order - FREE Customization Options!
Ultra Durable, fully functional Fantasy Gladius from the Legendary Swords Project. Individually Hand Made by Chris Palmer in the USA. Please allow 6-8 weeks for production and delivery.
From the Legendary Swords Project
Read the full backstory, including the making of this sword, here at Legendary-Swords.com
Part of the Legendary Swords Project, this fully functional Fantasy Sword has been brought to life in our collaboration with Chris Palmer from Scorpion Swords and is exclusive to SBG.
The blade itself is made from 1095 carbon steel, which when combined with Chris's superior heat treatment process results in an EXTREMELY DURABLE and almost indestructible sword. The blade is heated to approximately 1500 degrees, until it becomes non magnetic and then quenched in oil. The 2nd step is Heat Tempering, which consists of heating the steel to 500 degrees for 2 hours, and letting it air cool. This makes for a Rockwell Hardness of approximately 59.
Truly FULL tang, the Walnut wood handle is affixed in place with pins and gorilla glue resulting in the strongest handle construction possible. Combined with the tough blade and you have a sword with no weak points that maximizes its durability.
Unlike most other swords at this price point, Scorpion Swords are individually hand made by Chris Palmer at his workshop in Missouri. All orders are handmade in our shop as orders are received. They are NOT Factory Made! High order volume makes it difficult to keep any of their weapons in stock, so please allow 6-8 weeks for completion and delivery.
DESIGNED BY: SBG Forum Member 'Klarson' in conjunction with SBG and Scorpion Swords.
Want to change the appearance of this sword? No problem!
As they are made to order, we can offer you several custom choices - all at no additional cost.
Sharpened - all blades come sharpened by default
Unsharpened - if you want it as a training blunt or for safe(er) display
Select from three blade styles:
- 2 Toned - Black body with silver steel edge for a two toned contrast
- Black Blade - All Black, though the sharpened edges will have a sliver of the original steel showing
- Silver Blade - Original steel finish, plain and simple
HANDLE COLOR & WOOD TYPE
Choose the wood for the handle:
- Maple Wood Hilt - beige colored for a light white/bone colored look
- Bloodwood Hilt - rich deep red
- Black Mircarta Hilt - Black Linen Mircarta for that classic black wood style
- Walnut - Classic brown with the wood grain pattern
Other customizations include:
- Add a lanyard hole - add a hole at the base of the handle to attach a lanyard (lanyard not included)
- Optional upgrade - leather sheathe (the only custom option that is not free)