Forge Direct Elite T10 Custom Wakizashi/Ko KatanaBe the first one to write a review
FREE SHIPPING (USA & CANADA)!
Master Smith Forged Custom Wakizashi or Ko Katana - can be paired with the Forge Direct Katana to create a Daisho (matching customization options). Made to Order, Ships in 4-6 weeks.
Select Your Custom Design from the images above
(CLICK ON the THUMBNAILS FOR MAXIMUM SIZE, FULL DETAIL RESOLUTION PICS)
Due to popular request from many of our delighted customers who ordered the Forge Direct Elite Custom Katana or O-Katana we have spent months behind the scenes wrangling to make it available - and now it is: INTRODUCING the Forge Direct Elite Custom Wakizashi/Ko Katana option!
You can pair it up with matching or complimentary themed design to create your own traditional Samurai Daisho set. Or simply enjoy it on its own merit, with customziation options allowing you to even create a Ko-Katana, all for the same low price.
Amazing quality with outstanding cutting ability and dynamic handling characteristics, make it YOUR way today..
CREATING DAISHO SETS
The Daisho was the Samurai's distinctive pairing of Katana and Wakizashi worn at their side and was the exclusive privilege of the warrior classes (however Wakizashi or Ko Katana by themselves could be owned by anyone). The most traditional pairing, which became law in the early Edo period, was black saya with black ito wrap and white rayskin, however by the end of the Edo period the rules had been relaxed somewhat and while the Katana usually used this color combination, the Wakizashi was often different to contrast it, though may have had the same fittings and followed a subtle personalized theme.
MIXING AND MATCHING THE DAISHO SET SAYA
For the forge direct Wakizashi and Ko Katana, we have 7 saya available - SW1 is a red wood grain style that matches most of the red Katana saya options. SW2 is the classic glossy black saya which can be paired with any of the Black Saya for that ultra traditional Samurai look. SW3 has a green bamboo inlaid engraving and can be matched with the S8 Katana saya for a perfectly matched set. SW4 is a mother of pearl inlaid Dragon that matches the Katana saya S21 or S30. SW5 is also Dragon themed MoP inlay but with a red woodgrain style and matches S20, 24 or 26 in the Katana that follow the same color and theme. SW6 is a bright glossy red Saya with black rattan reinfored wrap and matches the S28 Katana saya to create an exact match. And finally SW7 is gold maki-e sparkling finish with real gold leaf sakura flower inlay and can be paired with the S27 Katana saya to create a Daimyo (Feudal lord) style. All of these saya were selected based on popular selections by previous customers who purchased the original elite Katana.
ABOUT THE FORGE DIRECT CUSTOM JAPANESE SWORD SERIES
A Forge Direct Exclusive, this is the pinnacle of the various custom katana projects we have been involved with since 2008..
The concept is simple, we take the most attractive, Master Smith Forged T10 High Speed Tool Steel blades with a stunning unenhanced, natural Hamon available in either Choji Midare or Gunome Midare styles. You then select the length of the blade and the handle, whether or not you want full, partial or no-bo-hi (fuller/blood groove) and design it from the ground up from our widest selection of top quality, highly durable fittings and make it your own unique, personalized design.
4-6 weeks later, it all comes together and is shipped to you anywhere in the world for FREE - it has never been easier!
The blade alone is one of the finest we have ever seen at SBG - but with all these custom options, you can truly make it personal in 8 easy steps:
1) Select the Blade length. From 21" to 23". The length is measured in the traditional way from the back notch of the habaki blade collar (the Munemachi) to the very tip of the kissaki. Shorter blades create a faster sword suited for versatile use, longer blades suit taller practitioners and those who like to get the most steel in their blade possible for heavy, powerful cuts. You can also select the type of handle, Wakizashi or Ko Katana!
2) Select the fuller/blood grove. For the strongest blade possible (power cutter) select the solid bodied blade option. For the fastest, lightest blade possible select full bo-hi. For a mix between the two, select partial bo-hi.
3) Select the hamon - either Choji Midare or Gunome Midare (see the pic for the difference).
4) Select the Koshirae (furniture) theme that best suits your style. Either a solid iron set with plain fuchigashira or complete work hardened copper set - it is up to you. All fittings are of the highest quality. Elite Sets T0031-0037 (the Dragon sets) only depict the tsuba but also come with Dragon theme fittings (naturally).
5) Select the color of the silk ito maki wrap. From gold to black to brown, red and everything in between.
6) Select the color of the rayskin under the ito maki wrap. 100% real rayskin is used in all cases, and can be left white or colored black, red, yellow, green or blue. It is up to you.
7) Now select your choice of hard wearing, thick sageo to go on the saya. When in doubt, go with a simple color that closely compliments the ito maki wrap you have selected.
8) Finally, select the saya to give it that last personal touch. 7 styles are available and are explained above in the section "Mixing and Matching the Daisho set".
And then sit back and leave the rest to us!
Do not be fooled by cheap imitations, these swords are head and shoulders above any other custom sword we have ever brought to the table - from the quality of the stunning blade to the amazing selection of fittings, this is as close as you are ever likely to get to designing your own heirloom quality personalized katana!