Ryujin T10 Custom 33" Blade O-Katana
Massive 33" Blade and 14" Handle
Select and Customize your own style - Any Tsuba, Any Handle and Any Saya Color - One Low Price, No Hidden Costs - Ships within 1 week!!
Select Your Custom Design from the images above: One Low Price
- Assembled and Shipped within 1 week from Los Angeles!
(CLICK ON the THUMBNAILS FOR MAXIMUM SIZE, FULL DETAIL RESOLUTION PICS)
This is one of the most exciting developments in the sword industry for YEARS - the option to customize your own high quality, solid performing out of the box T10 tool steel differentially hardened Katana with real hamon WITHOUT waiting for weeks, months or even years - at an incredibly low price and assembled and shipped from WITHIN the United States..
The concept was developed by Mr. Sam Sung, one of the co-founders of Musashi Swords and with the modular assembly system he has developed, keeping a large variety of parts in stock and YOU select what design best suits your unique style WITHOUT breaking the bank..!
Our version of this sword, developed working closely with Mr. Sung and his team, utilizes only the BEST available options to ensure you get the best looking, best performing cutting Katana possible - fully guaranteed to not only meet but EXCEED your expectations. With only the best options available, it is practically impossible to design a bad looking sword. Just pick the components that you like the look of best and let us make it real for you!
But don't make the mistake of thinking these swords are just pretty ornaments - these are serious, practical blades that are surprisingly robust yet traditionally constructed and at our special introductory price, are some of the best cutting swords available anywhere near this price point. The ability to customize them is indeed just a very special free bonus!!
1) Select which Tsuba you wish to be mounted. All tsuba are made from solid iron and all but the Double "C" Ring Musashi tsuba feature REAL gold accents to give the design a splash of color at NO additional cost to you. The 'Front' is the Omote and is the side that faces the tsuka, the 'Back' is the Ura and faces the tip of the blade. This is so that when the sword is worn or displayed, the more attractive side faces onlookers, and when drawn, the less attractive part faces the opponent..
2) Select tsuka (hande) ito color from 8 different choices of synthetic silk rayon.
3) Select saya style and color. T923311 (burgundy) and T923611 (brown) both have a sparkling Maki-e finish under the lacquer. T923322 has a wood-grain finish. T923911 is the natural wood with clear lacquer finish. T923111 is a standard glossy black, T923121 has a textured finish to minimize finger prints and scratches.
Click the thumbnail to open a high resolution picture of each option or hover your mouse over a thumbnail for a quick view.
This version is only available with a fullered/bo-hi blade.
Fuchi and Kashira are generic black iron and will match your overall design and the tsuba you select.
Sageo wrap tends to be black and cannot be specified as it is made at the forge.
No hidden costs, one price for any and all customization selected.
Over 30,000 combinations possible, meaning your sword can be almost as unique as your own personal tastes!
Assembled and shipped from the Ryujin workshop in Los Angeles within 1 week after ordering!
How to Use
Materials and Construction
Featured positive reviews:
Being a former kenjutsu practitioner, I've owned a lot of other katana before and also SBG's Miao Dao which is katana-like, but I've actually never owned a so-called o-katana before and was looking to add one to my collection. There are a few other options on the market, but SBG/Ryujin's custom option stood out to me for quite a few reasons: the listed weight is lighter than most other o-katana on the market, the handle is pretty long at 14 inches, the customization options, the real hamon. Now that I've received it, I can confidently say that this is my most prized katana in my collection! While it isn't perfection by any means, it comes VERY close to it to the point it might as well be, being an approximately $330 sword with so many positives, options, and very few negatives.
- Solidly constructed sword
- Absurdly good balance, weight, and length combination that makes this sword a joy to handle either in two hands or even one despite its size
- Real hamon
- Customization options
- The fittings/shitodome on the kurigata/scabbard knob fall off really easily
- The scabbard/saya's sageo cord is a little cheap looking
- The one I got had a minor imperfection in heat treatment of the steel at a certain spot on the blade that left a small blackish imprint that's noticeable under certain lighting
- Could be a bit sharper out of the box (if that matters a lot to you, but I personally don't mind that)
My final thoughts and suggestions:
Most of the above-mentioned flaws are pretty easy to fix if you DIY: the shitodome can be reinforced by using superglue to secure it better to the kurigata openings, the sageo can be replaced with something classier, and you can make your sword sharper yourself with some whetstones. As for the heat treatment flaw I mentioned above, I don't plan on using my sword for any heavy destructive tests or heavy cutting so it doesn't affect me much and I kind of like it aesthetically speaking since it gives my sword some unique character (a katana "beauty mark" if you will... ), but in case you want to use your sword for destructive tests, definitely check the heat treat of the steel for any flaws since they could in theory cause weakness in the blade if they hit something hard.
Regarding the handling of the sword; it's great to wield in two hands and while definitely not as easy to do as with a smaller katana, this O-katana is actually pretty manageable if you want to use it in one hand as long as you keep in mind that the weight will be a bit more taxing on your arm strength and that the extra long handle can sometimes bump against your forearm during certain rising cuts. Final word of warning: DON'T get this sword if you're a psychopath since it absolutely ROARS through the air when you swing it because of the bo-hi which will definitely give you a very addictive power trip and may inspire illegal violent acts if you're mentally unstable! :P
Kidding aside, this sword is great! BUY IT! :)