Forge Direct Elite T10 Custom O-Katana V2.0Forge Direct Elite T10 Custom O-Katana V2.01
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING!
Master Smith Forged Custom O-Katana (33" Blade) - Huge Number of Customization Options. Made to Order, Ships in 6-8 weeks.
Select Your Custom Design from the images above
(CLICK ON the THUMBNAILS FOR MAXIMUM SIZE, FULL DETAIL RESOLUTION PICS)
The O-Katana is the same principle as the standard length Katana - but has a massive 33" blade (34" from tsuba to tip) and 12" handle. Slightly less saya (sheath) options available, but only $100 more than the standard length blade (still with free worldwide shipping!).
A Forge Direct Exclusive, this is the pinnacle of the various custom katana projects we have been involved with since 2008..
The concept is simple, we take the most attractive, Master Smith Forged T10 High Speed Tool Steel blades with a stunning unenhanced, natural Hamon available in either Choji Midare or Gunome Midare styles. You then select the length, whether or not you want full, partial or no-bo-hi (fuller/blood groove) and design it from the ground up from our widest selection of top quality, highly durable fittings and make it your own unique, personalized design.
6-8 weeks later (as the O-Katana takes a couple of weeks longer than the standard length Katana), it all comes together and is shipped to you anywhere in the world for FREE - it has never been easier!
The blade alone is one of the finest we have ever seen at SBG - but with all these custom options, you can truly make it personal in 7 easy steps:
1) Select the fuller/blood grove. For the strongest blade possible (power cutter) select the solid bodied blade option. For the fastest, lightest blade possible select full bo-hi. For a mix between the two, select partial bo-hi.
2) Select the hamon - either Choji Midare or Gunome Midare (see the pic for the difference).
3) Select the Koshirae (furniture) theme that best suits your style. All fittings are of the highest quality, not cheap alloys used by many other custom katana lines but solid iron or copper, some with real gold or silver embossing.
4) Select the color of the silk ito maki wrap. From gold to black to brown, red and everything in between.
5) Select the color of the rayskin under the ito maki wrap. 100% real rayskin is used in all cases, and can be left white or colored black, red, yellow, green or blue. It is up to you.
6) Now select your choice of hard wearing, thick sageo to go on the saya. When in doubt, go with a simple color that closely compliments the ito maki wrap you have selected.
7) Finally, select the saya to give it that last personal touch. From simple monocolored lacquer to highly detailed mother of pearl.
And then sit back and leave the rest to us!
Do not be fooled by cheap imitations, these swords are head and shoulders above any other custom sword we have ever brought to the table - from the quality of the stunning blade to the amazing selection of fittings, this is as close as you are ever likely to get to designing your own heirloom quality personalized katana!
How to Use
Materials and Construction
Featured positive reviews:
For those, who are only interested in performing:
The blade is made well. Sharp edge, tight fittings, very well usable for cutting.
A bit difficult to handle due to weight and length, but manageable.
You’ll get used to it, just practice!
For those, who are interested into something more than just a cutting tool:
I grew up next to a small lake. In summer I could hear the frogs at night and it made me sleep incredibly well. It's a very humid and green area and I used to swim there and play there, spent time there at the lake alone and also with my first love at some wonderful, warm, moonlit midsummer nights.
So this is the atmosphere I tried to give the blade, when I decided to order the SBG Custom O-Katana after months of researching various other possibilities from lots of other brands.
I ordered the Choji Midare Hamon solid body blade. For the fittings I chose the T0001 set, as the frog on the leaf theme (is it a lotus?) seemed very appealing to me. For the saya I ordered the S8 (bamboo motive) saya. Green same, black tsuka ito, black sageo and that's it.
About 8 weeks after having placed my order, I received the katana in perfect condition and I must say, it absolutely took my breath away and exceeded my expectations by far. It is much more beautiful than shown on the pics at the SBG site. The colors (green tsuka ito, green bamboo on saya) are a lot darker and gentle and therefore much more elegant and fitting to the overall appearance (maybe they did some photoshopping to make the colors more visible on the sbg homepage). The S8 bamboo motive on the saya is not only painted, it is actually carved into the saya. The kind of threedimensional design of the T0001 tsuba is exceptionally beautiful. Haven’t found this kind of extravagant design anywhere else. The hamon on the blade looks spectacular, just like a genuine nihonto (and as a former NBTHK member I have seen a lot new and old blades made in Japan) As I already wrote, the blade is sharp and performs well. Nothing to complain about at all. I am very happy.