25% Off and ‘try before you buy’ offer on the BCI Chinese Jian
I have never been shy about letting people know when I was wrong about something, after all, when it comes to swords I am a jack of all trades and master of none.
So when I got some additional feedback on the new BCI Chinese Jian from an experienced CMA (Chinese Martial Arts) practitioner with 23 years experience, I listen and take it seriously.
When it comes to Jian, I know a fair bit about the different types, styles, history and what the ideal balance point requirements are for serious practitioners. And to me, the super lightweight BCI Jian (just 1.42lbs) was hard to put down. But despite this, it does not fulfill the requirements of high level Gong fu Practitioners – so I have had to rethink it..
In its own right, separated from the requirements of CMA practitioners, it is an excellent sword. And even the gentleman who pointed out its flaws from a CMA point of view to me had the following positive comments to make on it..
- It has an ‘aged and battle-ready look.’ There is a no-fuss, all-business and minimalist almost Zen-monk like aesthetic to the sword. Brown and black are the ‘Chan’ or Zen colours in China.
- You could say the guard is a ‘matte black,bat-shaped guard.’ The bat has positive connotations in China- and cool factor.
- Dignified and elegant in appearance.
- The broad, strong blade is well weighted for quick, accurate thrusting and advance lunges. It has the right strength for powerful ‘stop-thrusts’ and good ‘pressing-power’.
- The very sharp, stable and substantial blade is well gripped by the light weight cord-bound handle that allows for a sense of powerful extension of your arm in cutting.
- The balance point and strength of the blade provide a strong sense of ‘forte’ (the part of the blade from mid-sword to hilt) for stable parrying.
- The blade is perfectly suited for a confident ‘hanging guard’.
- The wax cord binding on the handle provides positive grip with continued practice without becoming overly tacky or sticking.
- The lightweight, minimalist scabbard keeps the overall feeling of lightness and readiness to the whole piece.
- amazing 645gram weight.
But yes, it is just not what CMA practitioners are after.
So here is the deal..
We have seven of these swords still in stock – and once they are sold, that’s it. This is the first and the last run..
TRY BEFORE YOU BUY – PLUS a 25% DISCOUNT!
Because we cannot afford to carry the stock for a long period of time, first off is a huge 25% discount. This means we are selling them at a loss, but we need to recover the cash to put into new projects.
So to see if this rare and heavily discounted sword is right for you, I am offering a 30 day trial period where you can inspect it, do some dry handling, and see for yourself if you find it hard to put down like I did. If within 30 of receiving it, you decide you don’t like it, shoot us an email and you can send it back, no questions asked, and a full refund granted. The only limitation is because of this trial period, we have decided to make it available to US customers only – international shipping is just too expensive to be able to offer this, especially as we are already offering it well below the wholesale price we actually paid.
If this sounds good, then give it a try. While it failed to meet the stringent handling requirements of Gong Fu, as you can see in its own right, it is an awesome sword – at an awesome price, and I hope, with an awesome offer to see for yourself if you like it first hand and if not, just send it back..
Stock is limited to only 7 pieces and as I said, once they are all sold and gone, that’s it.
Click here for more information