It’s been a rough year for shipping swords around the world – it all started in march and hit again early this month, forcing us to temporarily suspend all non-North American (US and Canada) shipments..
The situation is still a fluid one, and it appears that some of our affiliated warehouses, suppliers and shippers have been effected more than others..
Right now there are FOUR brands that can be shipped to the following destinations:
- Australia (excluding Victoria, please provide proof of AFIAK membership)
- Brazil (expect high duties and tariffs)
- Canada (many other brands can be shipped to Canada not listed here as they are shipped overland)
- Costa Rica
- Germany (may require extensive paperwork and customs delays)
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- United Kingdom (may require extensive paperwork and customs delays)
And here are the brands currently available:
FORGE DIRECT – Japanese and Chinese Swords, FREE Worldwide Shipping
RYUJIN SWORDS – Katana, Custom Katana and budget Chinese Swords
BLADE CULTURE INTERNATIONAL – Filipino swords (currently)
SCORPION SWORDS – Tactical and Historical swords made in the USA
You can read more and see some recommended buys here on the International Sword Sales Page
As the international shipping situation keeps changing, we strongly recommend you buy what you can when you can as we have no idea if things will improve or get worse – but based on what we have been seeing the last few years, the situation is likely to get worse before it gets better..
In the meantime, we will continue to research new shipping options to break the impasse and ensure that our sword loving brothers and sisters across the world are not left out in the cold..